Covid: When can I get my Covid booster jab?

geemong
De esta serie introduzca el número impar: 3
Contactar:

Mensaje por geemong »

Imagen

It's now possible for many people in England to get a Covid booster jab simply by turning up at a walk-in site.

Players SLOTXO can transfer money via mobile banking and Internet banking. Unlimited 24-hour deposits and withdrawals

The NHS wants people to take up the offer ahead of the winter.

What is a booster and where can I get one?
A booster is an extra dose of Covid vaccine, which helps people who have already been double-jabbed retain their immunity.

In England you can check the NHS online walk-in finder, for details of your nearest centre.

There are hundreds of sites - NHS England says nearly everyone registered with a GP lives within 10 miles of one.

How many people have now been vaccinated?
About 50 million people aged over 12 in the UK have now had at least one dose of Covid vaccine. More than 45 million have had a second dose.

More than 8.6 million people have now had a third jab. As well as boosters, some people with severely suppressed immune systems are being given a third primary jab as part of their basic vaccination - they may also be offered a booster at a later date.

Which children are being vaccinated?
All 12 to 15-year-olds in the UK are being offered a single Pfizer Covid jab.

In Scotland, as well as being invited to book an appointment at a clinic, 12- to 15-year-olds can get vaccinated at drop-in centres.

Teenagers in England can now have their jab at school, or a vaccination centre.

Appointments must be booked in advance online, once the child's parents have received a letter seeking their permission. Children will have to consent again at the time of the jab.

Vaccination centres are also being used in Wales, with different arrangements in place between areas.

Jabs in Northern Ireland are expected to roll out through schools during November.

Young people aged 16 and 17 are also being offered one dose, but with the intention of a second at a later date.

There is no vaccine currently approved for under-12s in the UK.
Responder